TRINIDAD-Former PM wants to know whether current government played a hand in getting US visas revoked.
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – Former prime minister Dr. Keith Rowley on Monday called on the Trinidad and Tobago […]

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC – Former prime minister Dr. Keith Rowley on Monday called on the Trinidad and Tobago government to state how many nationals have had their United States visas revoked after Washington said it had done so because, among other reasons, they “endangered national security”.
In a statement posted on his Facebook page, Rowley said calls had been made in the past by persons here for his and the US visa of another former prime minister, Stuart Young to “be cancelled” and that in recent times, the leadership of the ruling United National Congress (UNC) “and others close to them have been warning and threatening the citizens about losing their US visas”.
Rowley said he wanted to thank the US authorities “for going public to tell the traumatized citizenry in this country the conditions under which visas are revoked”.
According to the two-term former prime minister, on August 10, 2026, the US Department of State, in a news release, said that “visas were revoked from persons because they violated the terms of their US visa, committed crimes, called for violence against US citizens, defrauded Americans, abused the immigration system and endangered national security.
“Today I want to ask Mrs. Kamla Persad-Bissessar and all the others who made this call and even wrote to the US Government calling for the visas of both Stuart Young and Rowley to be canceled: which of these offenses were they guilty of?”
“Incidentally, is the Prime Minister prepared to share with the country which of these offenses her close friend and messenger violated, resulting in the cancellation of his visa well before she came into office?”
Rowley said he is also asking Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar to “tell the country, besides Rowley and Young, how many other citizens she and her Government have reported to the US Government with a recommendation to have their visas canceled?”
